First, when I watch this video (thanks, Anna), I'm not only thrilled that I don't work in an office anymore, but I'm also grateful that I neither scream when I get to school, nor do I daydream about striking
Second, I get to show hilarious videos like this in class:
And when the kids ask "where did you get that?" I get to laugh at the stunned faces when they find out that I know about YouTube, an apparently secret site, hidden from teachers everywhere.
5 comments:
Man, you must be a fun teacher. That is so cool. I don't get half of what they are talking about, though. I need you to teach me, too.
Figurative language is so much fun. This video shows just how much our culture utilizes it without even realizing what it? they? are doing? (Can culture be a collective noun?) Hmm m m m.
It really is a lot of fun. It's just hard sometimes for the kids to move beyond cliches like the ones in that video. We're working on those little bugaboos today: "Avoid cliches like the plague." Inevitably, I'll be sad when I'm the only one laughing at that joke.
Is it terrible for me to say that you're an adorable nerd, Rachie?
Ok, ok, the clip did make me laugh. Sorry.
I never understood the non sequitur. Especially when it appeared in the comics.
I don't get the second one...except for the "boom" at the end! OH, and I understood the cheez-its part, too! :) However, if I am having thoughts of punching koalas at work, does that mean I should get a new job?! I think so!
Post a Comment