Part of the one-person-coming-home-later-than-the-other routine in our house is to give Barley his last scoop of food. Every once in a while, however, Barley will beg well enough to get his last scoop early. That begins a stream of telephone calls, text messages and oddly-placed Post-It notes to let the other party know that the dog has already been fed. Barley, on the other hand, pulls out his most pathetic looks to convince the late-arriver that the person sleeping upstairs has allowed him to starve.
When I got home late a few nights ago, Matt had gone to bed, and I was left wondering once again if Barley had been fed. Barley (aka, "Buddy Dog") tried to tell me that he was starving, but Matt was one step ahead of him. He left this note right above the spot where Barley waits to be fed:

But that didn't stop the poor, starving Buddy Dog from trying:
5 comments:
HAHAHA!! Barley lie?! Never! I could not even fathom such a thought! Look at those eyes! He must be sincere! :)
The look on his face would definitely melt my heart! We have a cat, Lucy, who pulls the same stunt. My line to Brendan is "don't believe a word she says."
Oh, my goodness! What a sweetie. He could nor would ever lie to you. I'm sure Matt was just being mean when he wrote that. I hope you were kind and gave him his "last" scoop for the evening! :))
. . .if you didn't, what good is practicing such a pathetic look? :))
Hilarious. Barley is smart. So is Matt.
Post a Comment