Yankees fan circa inning seven: "Oh, great. A-Rod is up. God, I hate that mother f***er."
Yankees fan in the bottom of the ninth: "Yeah! That's my A-Rod! God, I love that guy."
Yankees fan in the top of the ninth: "I can't believe they're going to lose to those f***ing farmers. God, the Yankees suck."
Yankees fan in the bottom of the ninth: "Yeah! The Yankees always win!"
Perhaps not surprisingly, said Yankees fan did not take kindly to a certain die-hard Twins fan publicly calling him out for such hypocrisy. Nor was said hypocrite pleased when said Twins fan suggested that fewer people would hate the Yankees if their fans supported their team win or lose and worked for their championships instead of buying them. Thank goodness said Twins fan was among like-minded friends or this post may have had an entirely different focus, most likely involving a more interesting story about a bar brawl and eventual jail time.
4 comments:
In Brooklyn, the saying was, "You know why the Yankees wear pinstripes." Since the beginning, the Yankees have NEVER been part of the working class! You are completely correct. No Yankee "fan" should EVER be in a blue-collar bar! They should go with their other pinstripe friends.
That's my girl, way to go Rach!
Way to go! I hate the Yankees, and of course, love the twins!
You know, at the Wednesday game I saw all the suits in the seats behind home plate. None cheered. They just sat their with their suit coats and ties and checked their Blackberries. Many left early.
You know, all I can say is, "Go, Angels!"
Post a Comment