Tuesday, October 27, 2009

A Teaching Bonus

I took a pretty big pay cut when I started teaching. I know I get compensated in other ways--touching the lives of young people, blah, blah, blah. Some days, though, I miss the cold hard cash.

One of my students must have sensed my need today. As the three pennies whizzed by my head and clanged against a filing cabinet, the entire class fell silent. Perhaps they thought he'd be in trouble. I thanked him for the bonus.

6 comments:

Cara Berg said...

Wow! The violence in the Baltimore schools are turning from guns to pennies! They're helping to stimulate the economy! :)

Wisconsin Parent said...

well, hopefully he is not at the bank getting half dollars. :-)

carolmom said...

...and who said teachers aren't well paid?

Rebecca said...

How many bonuses will you need to buy a new pair of shoes?

Maria said...

I dig your positive outlook. :)

Austin said...

Keep depositing that change and save up to go somewhere exotic for your SUMMER VACATION. Most of us out here in Cubicle Land have forgotten what those two words even mean...