Some colleagues and I spent today, my 30th birthday, at a local middle school. Our goal was to see how one of our "feeder schools" prepares students for the types of activities they'll have to do in high school.
The highlight of the day was in the first class we visited. The teacher introduced us as guests from Dulaney High School. One of the middle school students turned around and asked, "Are you teachers or students?" We told him that we're teachers, and he said, "Really? You look like you're in high school."
I know we're not supposed to pray in public schools, but on this, the dawn of what was very nearly a third-life crisis, I uttered a quiet, "God, bless this child."
2 comments:
And you will love him even more 30 years from now when people think you're ten years younger than you are! You're welcome for the genes! :)
Well well, you age well, my dear. Can't wait to see it in person!
Post a Comment