Monday, December 14, 2009

Santa Fred

First, please note that this post has absolutely nothing to do with 2007's lackluster holiday movie, Fred Claus.

It does, however, have everything to do with my father's inherent potential. Some people were born to do certain things. I've always thought my father was blessed to have three choices:

1. Inspire children to enjoy American history and politics,
2. Mow the lawn at Jerry Garcia's estate just to see how many stoned "Deadheads" would think Jerry was back from the grave, or
3. Work just one or two months out of each year playing Santa Claus.

For years, I was convinced the answer was #1, all the while hoping it would be #2. Looks like #3 wins out, much to the benefit of little children everywhere:


3 comments:

Jessica said...

Fred makes the best Santa ever!! I hope he brings me what I want for Christmas. :)

Anna said...

He really is the best Santa ever. Ever.

Rebecca said...

I was reading this post, and Frank ran up screaming, "Santa! Santa! SANTA!"

Your dad is good.