While we were in Minnesota, Matt's mom gave us a bunch of mementos to take home. I know I'm biased, but I think young Matt was about the cutest kid ever. Cases in point:
1. We were reading a story that young Matt wrote in elementary school. On the dedication page, he wrote, "To Matthew. Because he rote [sic] this book."
2. Another story young Matt wrote was called, "My life as a pickle jar." Even today, picky eater Matt hates even the smell of vinegar, so it shouldn't have been surprising that young Matt wrote, "I smell like vinegar, so everyone hates me." When Matt read that, he said, "A-ha! Even then I knew."
1. We were reading a story that young Matt wrote in elementary school. On the dedication page, he wrote, "To Matthew. Because he rote [sic] this book."
2. Another story young Matt wrote was called, "My life as a pickle jar." Even today, picky eater Matt hates even the smell of vinegar, so it shouldn't have been surprising that young Matt wrote, "I smell like vinegar, so everyone hates me." When Matt read that, he said, "A-ha! Even then I knew."
3. But my favorite moment was when Matt read some sort of science experiment that young Matt was probably quite proud of. He got to the conclusion at the end and proclaimed, "Well, duh, dumbass."
2 comments:
Why can I even now hear Matthew as he reads such notable writings? He was cute even then, wasn't he? :)
He was and still is cute!
Post a Comment