Preparing to go back to school is much like the grieving process.
First, denial: "What? It's August already? No! It can't be!"
Second, anger: "I had SO much to get done this summer, and I've done none of it. None!"
Third, bargaining: "Okay, if I get some work done now, maybe I can enjoy the last few weeks of summer."
Fourth, depression: "Only two weeks left. That means only ten more weekdays to sleep in. Only ten more days to do what I want. Ugh." Much like traditional grieving, this stage seems to last the longest.
Fifth, acceptance: "I get to see my kids again. I get to have more of a purpose again. I get to feel the satisfaction of a tired brain again. Fine, yes, I'm also getting a bit bored."
And while I hate (loathe, really) the Target back-to-school displays that pop up right after the 4th of July, I come to enjoy the commercials by this time of year. This one especially helped me move to Step 5.
2 comments:
Tugs at my "Free to Be" 80's heart. I think the ad touched its "Target audience" (pun intended)! :)
You know, I'M really excited for school to start again, too! :D
Post a Comment