I knew Matt and I were taking a weather gamble when we decided to get married in mid-October in Minnesota. I told myself not to stress about something I couldn't control. I calmed myself down by reminding myself that, even if the weather was terrible on our wedding day, we would still have 50 anniversaries to enjoy good weather.
The week before our wedding was cold and rainy. But October 15, 2005, was stunning: 70 degrees and sunny. We couldn't have asked for a more perfect fall day.
Then came the first of those 50 anniversaries. On our first anniversary, October 15, 2006, we went to Hawaii and were greeted by an earthquake and subsequent power-outage. The highlight of the island-wide blackout was the several hours we spent sipping Big Gulp margaritas out of paper cups at this Mexican restaurant:
The next three years were much of the same.
October 15, 2007: Brutal cold snap
October 15, 2008: Wind, rain and hail
October 15, 2009: Cold, damp, drizzly and miserable
And now we've come to October 15, 2010. We're celebrating our fifth anniversary with a weekend getaway, just in time for the massive nor'easter moving its way up the east coast.
3 comments:
Happy anniversary! Hopefully the nor'easter won't be so bad..
Happy anniversary! We got married in January, yep, January. With such a severe ice and snow-storm, several of my wife's cousins turned back on the highway and I myself wondered if I was going to make it to the church on time. . .
Well, at least there is sunshine and blue skies in your marriage.
Post a Comment