The Holy Spirit can move anything--even chapstick.
It had been a while since Matt and I attended our church's formal service. We went back this morning. I think it's best we stay away.
This morning, we came in late. Actually, we were right on time, but at the formal service, that's "late."
During the opening hymn, Matt asked to borrow some chapstick. I spent the next two verses rummaging through my purse, much to the annoyance of the elderly woman sitting behind us.
At the end of the hymn, Matt was getting irritated that the organist was slowing down too much. I was trying to explain that he was doing this for dramatic emphasis, but as I made the universally acknowledge hand gesture for "dramatic emphasis," my chapstick flew up into the air, fell onto the pew in front of me, took a mammoth bounce (who knew chapstick could bounce?), and rolled under the foot of the person in the row in front of us. He looked around with "Did I just hear something?" puzzlement, but, thankfully, remained confused.
We're going to back to the noisy come-as-you-are contemporary service.
1 comment:
Love it! & Love you! I can picture the scene!
Post a Comment