In keeping with tradition established by my good friend, Rebecca, I'm going to answer several of the questions that Matt and I have gotten in recent days and weeks, re: our big news.
How far along are you? As of tomorrow, the fetus will be roughly 15 weeks. I'm roughly 31 years. We're due February 7th (or thereabouts...due dates are just guesses anyway).
How are you feeling? Much better, except when I brush my teeth.
Was this planned? Despite how horribly inappropriate this question is, the short answer is "yes." The long answer will come in a later post.
Are you going to find out the gender? Only when we meet our little peanut in February. In the meantime, we're referring to him as Francis/Frances. Because of the obvious spelling/gender confusions, we usually just say "Franny."
Where will you deliver? Despite my desire to deliver in the comfort of our own home, my midwife practice only delivers at Mercy Hospital in Baltimore. This makes my man-of-science husband very happy, and I'm dealing with it.
Are you showing? Right now, I look more like a corn-fed Midwestern girl who ate too much at the State Fair. Hopefully Franny will pop in the next few weeks.
Are you craving anything? Most days, I'd kill for some Starburst or a Clausen pickle--not simultaneously. Otherwise, I'm fine with anything that doesn't contain roasted red peppers or cabbage, two pre-pregnancy favorites.
I think that's everything. Did I forget anything?
9 comments:
Congratulations! We call our Francis "Franny", too. Or sometimes "Francie." And when he's especially spicy, we call him "Frankie K." I can totally relate to the tooth brushing part. Just brush really slowly and try not to think about gagging. :) (Oh, and don't get me started on the "was this planned?" question. You can imagine I've been asked that a few times!) :) Have a blessed pregnancy!
Thanks, Molly! I've also heard that fluoride may cause the gagging, so I picked up some Tom's fluoride-free toothpaste. Hopefully that helps!
I'm so excited that I'm posting this from the mountains of Peru! And already thinking of the adorable alpaca hat I will be purchasing to keep this bambino cozy during those MN visits. Congratulations - I love you both and am so happy!!!
Land or water? You know what I mean...
Oh, definitely water. In fact, at my last appointment, I found out that two of my midwives recently had their own water births--each delivered by two other midwives in the practice.
I can so relate to your brushing the teeth comment...oh thanks for those flashbacks :)
Me, too, Brooke. I barfed every morning while brushing my teeth. It didn't matter if I'd eaten first or if I waited several hours. I got to where I'd drink an ounce of water and then brush my teeth in the shower. Then when I barfed, it was just an ounce of water that had just reached my stomach a few minutes before, and it went right down the tub drain.
I've heard that fluoride is very dangerous for the fetus, which is why it makes us throw up. I got some fluoride-free stuff (Tom's) from a health food store, and I haven't thrown up since I started using it.
Congratulations! Parenthood is so rewarding. I'm so glad that you're not finding out the gender. I realize that modern science is a wonderful thing but there some things in life that were meant to be surprises. I'm also happy that you have midwives available to you (there isn't one within 30 miles of me). Looking back at Sean's birth, I realize that the dr. made some decisions that were in her best interest and didn't consult me at all, even though I clearly stated my desires. Needless to say, I will not be going back to her. If a midwife ever opens up a practice here, I will definitely go!
Post a Comment