Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Defending Against Pearls of Teenage Wisdom

My two female students from yesterday's post asked me later how we plan to decorate our baby's room if we aren't finding out the gender ahead of time.  I told them that we're going to decorate with primary colors and a lot of book covers as artwork, specifically Dick and Jane.  We received a wonderful homemade Dick and Jane blanket from Matt's mom that inspired the idea. 

One girl's response to this adorable idea was less than supportive, however: "A book room?  Seriously?  Uck."  Then she kind of glared at my belly and said, "That kid is going to be so freaking smart."

Instinctively, I turned my belly away from her and said, "Well, I hope so!"  Franny isn't even fully baked, and already I'm having to defend against bullies.

2 comments:

Brianne said...

That is an amazing idea for a baby's room! I can't wait to see pictures of it.

carolmom said...

. . .but doesn't that just sound like a teenager? Oh, yes. Really!