We celebrated August's first big birthday with our first trip to a restaurant. Matt and I quickly learned simultaneously (A) how much fun it is to have our newborn in public and (B) how miserable it is to have our newborn in public. Fortunately, we also discovered how quickly we can eat and that we are surprisingly comfortable changing a diaper and nursing while hidden in a back booth, so this won't be our last dining-out experience.
Yesterday was also August's one-month well-baby visit. He's in the 10th percentile for weight and the 90th percentile for height. As someone with the exact opposite statistics, I can't say that I wasn't envious.
In the last month, August has started noticing voices around him and follows our faces when we move. Matt and I have both claimed to see that illusive smile, but we've resigned ourselves to the fact that gas is still more pleasing than to our son than his parents. If he's like much of his extended family (and most teenagers I've known), this will likely always be the case.
3 comments:
You guys did great at the restaurant today! I hope next time I'll get to join you for a little bit :)
I can't wait for you both to experience the belly laugh! My favorite milestone by far.
Haven't been blogging much, and haven't been reading many blogs. So I was glad I took the time today. Congrats!
Post a Comment