Sunday, April 1, 2012

Dog and Baby vs. the World

I always knew Barley and August would someday conspire against us.  I just thought it would be a while.  This is how I imagine last night's telepathic conversation:

Barley: Hey!  Are you up?
August: Yeah.  Are you?
Barley:  Yeah.  Okay, here's what's going down.  Those tall people have made me wear this cone of shame for weeks.  Tonight, I'm going to throw up all over it.  Maybe I'll get some puke on their bed, too, just for fun.
August:  Awesome!  I love it.  And they've made me wear these awful pants that hold my pee and poop.  I'm busting out tonight.
Barley:  Good call!  But you should wait until they get my puke cleaned off the cone and give me a bath before you do that.
August:  Yes!  Let's rock and roll.

Barley's plan was executed at approximately 1:00 and was cleaned up by 1:45.  August's plan went off without a hitch at approximately 2:00 and was rectified by about 2:30, just in time to get up at 3:00 for a little snack.  Well played, boys.  Well played.

3 comments:

carolmom said...

Ah, the hidden talents of those we take for granted. They will not let us forget! :D

Kristi said...

Are you letting Barley watch Family Guy? They are taking tips from Brian and Stewie.

AdelpheBre said...

Nice to know nights like this happen in other houses!