Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Dancing in the Kitchen

As I wrote in my recent poetry post, Auggie and I share a love of poetry (fine...I've convinced myself that Auggie and I share a love of poetry).  And since the poor little guy spends almost all his time with me, he's forced to share the rest of his mama's loves, too.  Consequently, he's probably spent more time at Ma Petite Shoe than a boy his age should.

But he's also been introduced to his mama's musical tastes.  He's a big fan of Dar Williams and Ani DiFranco, but he's taken a very special fondness to Brandi Carlile.  Whenever he hears one song in particular, he freezes and smiles.  We've taken to waltzing through the kitchen whenever we hear it, and we often sing it while he falls asleep.



Brandi, Dar and Ani vs. "The Wheels on the Bus."  My son has such discriminating taste.

2 comments:

carolmom said...

Love it! We always used to sit and rock, and I would sing to you. Sometimes if I felt very brave, we would do the "Hallelujah Chorus." Usually, though, it was some children's song or a wonderful folk song that I remembered from (way back when). :D

Anonymous said...

When I sing Erin to sleep, we always start with Blackbird and we always end with Dream a Little Dream of Me. What happens in between is anyone's guess.

But I like Auggie's style. He sounds ready for Ingrid, Patty, and Amy and Emily. :)