Yesterday was rough. August was wearing his wolf suit, roaring his terrible roar and showing his terrible claws.
I secretly wished I could send my Wild Thing to bed without eating.
But at the end of the day, we curled up together to honor a writer gone too soon. And while we were reading, all around us a forest grew. August sighed as we watched the ceiling hang with vines, as we sailed off through night and day and came to the place where the wild things are.
Suddenly, it was as if someone else was in the room, yelling, "Be still!" My king of all wild things relaxed and squealed as the wild rumpus began. And soon he was back in his boat, sailing again through night and day, waving good-bye and traveling back to his very own room.
As Auggie sailed to sleep in my arms, we whispered together, "Oh please don't go! I'll eat you up - I love you so."
1 comment:
Love it----love the book too!
Post a Comment