Thursday, September 18, 2008

My little snugglebug

When I got home from Minnesota earlier this week, I spent a good day or two completely comatose on the couch. On Monday, while Matt was at work, Barley checked in on me periodically, but pretty much went about his usual routine...sleeping in the sunbeam, barking at the squirrels, sleeping on the couch, barking at the squirrels, sleeping in the kitchen...you get the idea.

In the middle of the afternoon, while I enjoyed simultaneously a nap and a classic rerun of Law and Order, Barley trotted down the stairs, walked right to me and put his head on my face. I asked him if he wanted to come up on the couch, and he wagged his tail, then wormed his way up. He burrowed his face next to mine and stretched out to fill the length of the couch next to me. Everything fit except for one of his paws, which he left dangle off the side.

Yes, I spooned with my dog. And, yes, I loved it.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE my grand dog! He is such a lover.

Anna said...

I love it too! Stella and I slept together on the couch on Sunday afternoon. We didn't spoon though, we each had our own ends. Dogs are the best.

Anti-Supermom said...

That's really sweet. You have one very lucky dog :)

Anonymous said...

I don't think I have heard the word "spoon" since the song "Shine On, Harvest Moon" went off the Top Ten. I love it!

Rebecca said...

You spooned with Barley? At least you didn't go face-to-face. Dogs have stinky breath. (Now, I know you are going to profess that BARLEY'S breath doesn't stink, but face it, Rachel, it does. I can tell all the way from Minnesota.)