Monday, September 8, 2008

We're Gonna Lose, O's

A few months ago, Matt made the fatal mistake of betting against the Twins. I don't want to say that Matt has officially lost, but this quote about Saturday's game against the Athletics pretty much sums it up:

"When Cabrera walked Kurt Suzuki to load the bases with nobody out in the first inning, one frustrated fan yelled, 'I'll give you a hundred dollars if you don't throw another walk.'

Almost simultaneously, right-hander Alfredo Simon began warming up in the Orioles' bullpen. After Cabrera issued his sixth walk, the pitcher...was finished by the fourth inning."

I don't know what's funnier: the fan's comment or the fact that the writer could hear the fan, because there was no one else cheering...or because there was no one else there.

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

That is sad. Sad sad sad. While the Twins are contenders, they are in a frustrating slump right now.