Friday, November 21, 2008

Bad dog

I've been thinking about my new "nephew" lately--my sister's new dog, Tony. They're having problems dealing with his separation anxiety and subsequent destruction. Ah, yes. Poor Barley was significantly more disturbed than Tony is now, and he still came through just fine. Hang in there, Cara! Tony will come around.

With that said, be patient with him when he has a relapse.


...or two:

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

are you sure that's not a picture of our apartment??

Unknown said...

I love how, in the top photo, Barley has the most pathetically guilty look on his face.

Anonymous said...

You know, those people in choir with their grandkids have NOTHING to top my grand dogs! HA! Tony and Barley are just spirited, that's all! And I love them both dearly.

Anna said...

Cara - We've all been through dog separation anxiety issues. It's hard to believe that it gets better...but I swear it does.

Our worst stories? Stella bent an already semi-bent kennel bar open and pulled my awesome gortex marmot jacket into her kennel (the jacket was hanging on the back of a chair to dry). Once it was in her kennel, she shredded it.

She also managed to get her head out of the top of the door of that same kennel and she gnawed on the door frame. That's right, the door frame. There's a huge gauge in the door frame that we have to somehow remedy before we move out of this apartment.

We were mad after both of these incidents, but we learned. We purchased a new kennel that has no
semi-bent bars and it hasn't happened again.

Rebecca said...

Wow. I thought kids were bad. I'm going to go kiss my kids for being better behaved than dogs.