Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Valentine's Day

In my haste to prepare for National Grammar Day (only 14 shopping days left!), I completely forgot to post about our Valentine's Day.

Matt and I had tickets to the Baltimore Symphony Orchestra, who performed with Savion Glover on Saturday. We were reminded of how terribly illegal it would have been to record Mr. Glover, but this is a great representation of what we saw:



My dad once said that my mom only took him to classical music concerts that involved a lot of loud noises or flashy additions. This month, Savion Glover. Next month, The Canadian Brass. Guilty as charged.

4 comments:

Rebecca said...

Andrew suggested taking me to the symphony. I mentioned that I fell asleep at a New York Philharmonic Orchestra concert. He wasn't discouraged. Should he have been?

Anonymous said...

I think when you first take someone to an orchestral event, it is really, really a poor idea to have something like Mahler. Dad was right. He's come to Beethoven and some more popular Mozart (Eine Kleine), but I wouldn't ask him to go to something really "heavy." People need to get acclimated to classical music just like they need to learn football. It's an acquired taste...and, yes, Rebecca, you, too, can learn to love Mozart! :-)

Rachel said...

Just as long as there's a tap dancer or some really loud brass, Rebecca.

And I love classical music, but I'd doze off during Mahler.

Anonymous said...

If they don't play Ode to Joy...I don't want to hear it!