Friday, May 15, 2009

Apparently, the private party is available

When we went to the Twins game last week, I chastised a bouncer for a good 15 minutes about all the things that are wrong with this sign:


He pretended to agree with me and feel my pain, but I think he was just lying to avoid a grammar-fueled altercation in front of his establishment. Wise move, my friend.

3 comments:

carolmom said...

Why, oh why do people do things like this? It's not like they haven't been told a thousand, million times. (I do love hyperbole well done.) Caribou had one today "When did America gain it's independence?" Yes, an apostrophe! My stomach is continually in knots as I look around and see, time after time, grammatical errors. And the problem is that people really don't care. Sigh!

Rebecca said...

Who allowed that sign to be printed? You'd think the sign company would put up a stink, refusing to print that garbage, or at the least, providing some customer service by advising the requester of the errors.

Anna said...

The bouncer? Really? That dude doesn't care about the grammatical errors on his employer's sign. Seriously. He just wants to get through the night without being barfed on, break up a fight or two and keep an eye out for nipple slips.
You gotta deliver the message to the right peeps.