I used Matt in a lesson on appositives today: "My husband, a computer scientist, is ridiculously smart." (The appositive is "a computer scientist," in case you were wondering.) This started a discussion about what Matt actually does for a living.
Students: "So what does your husband do?"
Me: "I'm never really sure. Something with computers. I do know that all the computers in our house are connected." This is always my go-to fact about what I think Matt does with computers.
Students: "Connected? How long are those wires?"
Me: "No, they're wirelessly connected. They kind of talk to each other."
Students: "That's insane. You should totally be on MTV Cribs."
On one hand, I was glad that I knew what that show was. On the other, I was disappointed that, once again, it takes a fact about Matt to make me seem cool to my students. Perhaps appropriately, it was also Matt who once made me watch MTV Cribs.
1 comment:
Oh, you know you make Matt seem cool to his colleagues.
Post a Comment