Monday, June 14, 2010

Bad dog, III

I have some people coming over for dinner tonight. Ever the planner, I prepared something last night that I put in the Crockpot this morning. When I walked in the house this afternoon, I said out loud, "Hm. I wonder why I don't smell anything."

Then I looked down and saw this guilty face:

The picture is fuzzy not because my hand was shaking, but because Barley was. I walked to the kitchen and saw why:

Either he was shaking because he knew he was in serious trouble, or he was having a very understandable reaction to licking clean a bowl that contained, among several other things, a pound of raw chicken.

5 comments:

Cara Berg said...

Oh, Barley and Tony ARE related!!! Oh Bar bar, when will you learn?! Well there's one thing, you should be proud that your food smelled so good he wanted to eat it!! :D

carolmom said...

Oh no! I can't imagine him even being around you when you came home. He KNEW he was in trouble! I don't believe he went after a crock pot! I thought he was over that stuff.

Rachel said...

He's been much better lately. I think he's a bit goofy because Matt is away.

Anna said...

You have to admire his neatness and thoroughness: the crock pot is still plugged in and there is no sign of any food substance on the pot or the floor.

carolmom said...

Anna made a very good observation!