Now, nearly a decade later, Matt is the first person in our little family to earn a Master's degree. I'm so proud of him that I'm even enjoying the fact that he keeps rubbing it in my face. In fact, reminding me of his academic success has become part of Matt's daily routine. "Well, I would do the dishes, but I'm the one with the Master's degree, so..." And at this rate, I'll never win another argument: "I mean, who should we listen to? The person with the Master's degree or the one with just a little Bachelor's?" I think the worst is the faux pity: "Don't worry, Rachie. You'll get your Master's, too...someday."
What a cultured smarty pants.
3 comments:
...but he has to admit that you were THE motivation behind all of his achievements, so he really should share this with you! If you hadn't gotten to him, he probably wouldn't have finished at NDSU. eh? :) So he should really share this with you.
I wish I could take the credit.
I totally thought I'd marry a cultured smarty pants as well. Hmmm.
Congrats Mattie!
Post a Comment