We took the tree down today and put away most of the Christmas decorations. This wasn't nearly as much of a downer it normally is. There are too many exciting things on the horizon to feel blue.
While I was cleaning, I found our camera and realized I didn't take one picture while my parents were here for a holiday visit. I suppose that's because we took a break from the touristy things and just had family time at home.
In fact, our time together was so wonderful that I find myself now wishing they were still here. I'm 31 years old, and I still miss my parents. When do you get too old to miss Mom and Dad?
3 comments:
Never.
Never.
Never.
. . .or too old to miss your kids? :D
I keep thinking it's going to get easier and it doesn't. I was actually proud of myself for not shedding even one lonely self-indulgent "I miss my family" tear at Christmas Eve service this year. That just means I'm better at hiding how much I miss them than I used to be.
Post a Comment