Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Snow day slacker

It snowed two inches last night, so, naturally, we don't have school today.  Usually I welcome these days to get caught up on my grading or get a jump-start on lesson planning.  Not today.

I attended an event with a student last night, so I intentionally left a stack of papers and my flashdrive at school.  I knew I wouldn't get to it last night.  So what to do now?  A snow day with no work?

1.  Take Barley to the dog park and tackle him in the snow.  Try to throw a snowball to him (usually he tries to catch it), only to have it hit him in the face.  Poor baby.

2.  Shovel our steps.  Then our sidewalk.  Then the rest of the sidewalk on our side of the street.  Subsequently talk myself out of going to the gym.

3.  Get caught up on my reading, especially my wonderful Christmas present.

4.  Consider cleaning the house, but convince myself it's "really not that bad."

5.  Write about how little I've done today so I feel just the teeniest bit productive.

3 comments:

carolmom said...

Oh, yes! THAT'S the way to have a snow day! :) It looks like you'll have another tomorrow (?)

Mike R said...

Um you are a Minnesotan and it is only two inches of snow. You could drive to work to get your work and go back home. *shrug*

Rachel said...

I could if: (a) the school was open and (b) I wanted to.