Maryland received a fair amount of ice last night, so our entire neighborhood was pretty slick this morning. I tried to warn Barley of that before he went outside this morning, but chasing squirrels was just way too tempting. He shot out of the back door like he always does, slipped on the deck, regained his footing, tried to sprint down the stairs, and ended up going arse over teakettle the rest of the way down. The last thing I saw was a white fuzzy bum spinning into the snow. He stood up, saw a few stars, then remembered the pesky squirrels and resumed angry barking.
It wasn't until a few hours later that I noticed the gash over his right eye. It's much smaller now, but it's still a good sized cut.
He let me clean it and stop the bleeding, but the whole experience was still taxing on him. Trauma is exhausting, even for brave puppy dogs.
6 comments:
Poor Barley! I'm glad he's doing better and I hope that the squirrels got the hint that they were not welcome in your yard. I must point out, though, that you spelled "should" incorrectly. -Brianne
Oh, my poor baby! I hope he's doing better. Did you see any squirrels sitting up in the trees laughing? By the by, did you have school today? With the ice, I would suspect not.
Yikes! Don't make a typo with this crowd. :)
No, no school yesterday. It was wonderful.
I didn't say anything about the typo, notice? Proud of me? :D
Poor Barley-boo. It's hard being a doggy in rough winter weather.
I bet it was totally worth it.
Post a Comment