I teach in Baltimore County, considered by many to be the consolation prize to teaching in Howard County. Many families prefer Howard County as well, paying more in property taxes for schools that come with a slightly better reputation.
I'm very proud to teach in Baltimore County, and I'm especially proud of my high school and its feeder schools. Understandably, I get a little defensive when people imply that Howard County Schools are in any way superior. So I felt somewhat vindicated about a week ago when I left a Speech tournament at a Howard County high school and saw this sign at the middle school across the street:
I don't know if I would trust a conferenc with one of their teachrs. It also didn't help Howard County's case that the house across the street was proudly waving not one, but two, Confederate flags.
1 comment:
Lovely, lovely ironies exist all over, don't they? :D
Post a Comment