Sunday, September 25, 2011

Baby Dreams

Before Matt and I got married, we talked about what we were looking forward to most about being married.  We always said that we weren't looking forward to anything specific or particularly exciting--just everyday life together.  In spite of the many nice outings we've had and great vacations we've taken, the best parts of our marriage are still the boring nights at home with no one but each other.

When we think about having Franny, we look forward to the same thing.  Last night I had a dream that Franny and I were alone together in his room.  Franny was eating, and I was telling him a story.  We heard Barley whine downstairs like he does every day when Matt gets home, and Matt soon came upstairs to join us.  Franny got so excited to see Matt and Barley, and we all just sat in his room for hours doing nothing.  Blissful, beautiful nothing.

1 comment:

Cathy said...

Miss you all very much!