There are several small critters living on our deck and in the trees behind our house. Barley has a love-hate relationship with all of them. He runs to the back door when we say "squirrel," and he barks like crazy at the cats and larger animals that live back there. Today, we discovered a new nemesis...the dreaded tree frog:
7 comments:
What a hunter! I'm sure Matt is proud! :-)
A mentally challenged squirrel has started visiting our deck. He's been known to charge into the window repeatedly. If we had a Barley, it would drive him nuts!
Do I detect a slight Southern accent on that video? Or am I just hearing things?
No, that's just the ridiculous way I say "get it" when Barley is intrigued by something. It makes him excited.
What would he do if he caught it?
If he caught a frog, he'd probably swallow it before he realized he'd caught it. I pray we never find out what would happen if he caught a squirrel.
Dogs and squirrels always have interesting relationships. I never understood why cartoons featured cat-and-mouse relationships. Our cats never chased mice around like that. Dogs, on the other hand, always seem to chase and be tormented by squirrels. Really, Tom and Jerry should have been a dog and squirrel, don't you think?
Post a Comment