- The look on Anna's dad's face during the ceremony. I've never seen emotion like that from him. I was already crying, but his face made me bawl.
- Spending almost a whole morning with the Feyder family! Bel and I played with princess stickers, and Frank followed Rebecca around like her shadow. I made poor Bel give me 100 hugs before I left their house that morning, and I missed her as soon as we left.
- Anna's friend, Cameo, walking full-speed into a glass door at our hotel. She made the floor shake. I really wish I had a camera for that one.
- My highlight, by far, was the shopping trip that Rebecca and I took on Friday afternoon. We had a classic conversation about buying new shoes that went something like this:
Rachel: "How much are the flats?"
Rebecca: "About $60. But if I buy two pair, I get 25% off both of them."
Rachel: "And how much are the boots?"
Rebecca: "About $120."
Rachel: "Okay, so that's $120 plus $60, which is $180. 25% of that is (five minutes later) $45. Subtract that from $180 and you have (another five minutes pass) just $135. So that's like getting the second pair for just $15!"
Rebecca: "So I'm saving $45?!"
Rachel: "And you're getting super cute flats for just $15! You'd be crazy not to get them."
Rebecca: "Oh, I'm getting them."
7 comments:
I love the logic. I may or may not have used it myself a time or two. LOL!
Best $15 I ever spent.
You know, Burns and Allen had a wonderful routine. Gracie went to the appliance store when it had a sale. She kept adding up how much money she'd save on each appliance. She said to the salesman [that's all they had back then] and said, "Let me know when I've saved enough money to pay for all of them!" If it's good enough for Gracie. . . ! :-)
Sorry for the blooper, Rachie! I posted too fast. M
My favorite highlight? Dancing/hugging in a group, in a circle, to Purple Rain at the end of the night. And I'm not even a Prince fan!
Mom, that routine sounds like actual conversations Rebecca, Anna and I used to have during our lunch break shopping trips.
Yes, that was definitely a huge highlight, Anna! Well, that and actually seeing you and Toddie get married. :) You had such a wonderfully personal ceremony (at least, from what I could see through my teary eyes). The whole day was absolutely perfect.
Shocker...a girl's favorite part of a vacation was SHOPPING. This has true about 99% of the vacations I have heard women speak about.
It's not a stereotype and it's not a statement about gender...it's just a fact.
Post a Comment