Friday, September 5, 2008

Just your run-of-the-mill shock and trauma

Yes, I subscribe to Baltimore Dog Magazine.

Yes, the subtitle to the story entitled Hospital Drama reads "Shock & Trauma Everyday."

Yes, I've written to the magazine to inform the editors that if shock and trauma is an everyday occurrence for them, perhaps they should be writing about something other than Baltimore dogs.

5 comments:

Jyl @ MommyGossip said...

Ooooh! I am first to comment :). My main thought after viewing that cover is that I really hope they Photoshopped in the pic of the dog bowl with all of those steaks in it, because that would be pure torture to make a tiny little dog SIT and not EAT. Can you imagine? That would be like keeping a human from taking one item off of a Smorgesbord when he/she hasn't eaten in days.

Did you get a response to your letter? :)

Rachel said...

No response yet. I've learned that most companies and organizations tend to be less than receptive to my editing. Imagine!

Rebecca said...

I love the photo and the caption "raw truth." The puppy is so little and cute. The steak is SOOO big dog. It's a great image of being overwhelmed.

Marketing Mama said...

I'm just confused. Do they mean shock and trauma at an ANIMAL hospital?

I work for a human hospital and I know there is trauma daily - in the ER!

:)

Rachel said...

They do mean animal hospital shock and trauma. I laughed at the fact that they said "everyday" instead of "every day" to refer to something traumatic. I'm sure the trauma happens every day, but I doubt it's everyday. :)