One of our very best friends, Mike, recently popped
the question to his girlfriend, Sarah. Well done, Mikey! Sarah is an amazing girl, and Matt and I are thrilled that she knows you as well as we do and still loves you. Seriously, though, she's very, very lucky.

In honor of Mikey's big news, here are a few of my favorite Mikey memories:
- In downtown Minneapolis, while pretending to push nerdy glasses up his nose, Mikey said "Rachel Berg" in a nerdy, nasily voice over and over and over. It drove me crazy at the time, but I love it when he does it now.
- Soon after we moved to Baltimore, Mikey was one of the first people to come visit us. Since then, he's been our only friend to come visit us twice. He brought Sarah the second time, and I'm so glad we had a chance to get to know her better.
- When we still lived in Minneapolis, Mikey dragged us to Microcenter I don't know how many times. I called it "Nerd Warehouse" and mocked him mercilessly, but Mikey didn't care.
- Also while we were still living in Minneapolis, and before Mike met Sarah, Matt and I spent almost all our free time with Mike. I joked that I had two boyfriends. We went out together all the time, including to the movies, where Mike taught me how to play Time Crisis 3...with a gun.
- Mikey is a big fan of Ben's Chili Bowl in D.C. He's a brutha at heart.
- When we got married, Mikey got us a picture frame with a picture of him wearing nothing but his duck hunting hip waders. Enough said.
Short story long, Mikey is one of our very best friends and we love him terribly. It's obvious how much he and Sarah care about each other, and we couldn't be happier for them.
2 comments:
Yay, Mike and Sarah! Congrats! Wonderful news.
Congratulations Mike & Sarah!
Post a Comment