I know recent reports of pirates looting oil tankers and other ships is very serious and nothing to joke about. Really, I know that. But every time I hear a serious newsperson mention pirates, I can't help but laugh.
I think of National Talk Like a Pirate Day, which is wonderfully infectious.
I think of Matt and his brother playing pirates. Matt made his brother walk the plank, and his brother was knocked out when the plank snapped in half.
I think of one of my very favorite musicals, and then I have an impossible time getting this song out of my head:
"And it is, it is a glorious thing to be a pirate king."
Hurrah for the pirate king, indeed.
2 comments:
I love the SNL sketch of the pirate convention. I'll have to see if I can find that on You Tube. Bel likes pirates. She likes to stand on the couch and say things like, "Ahoy, mateys! Man the ropes!" I seriously have no idea where she learned this.
It is, it is a GLORIOUS thing! :-)
Post a Comment