
Every fall, the kids from our church spend a weekend up at our camp in Western Maryland. The kids go to a bunch of different schools, so they look forward to this time to reconnect. This year, our theme was "worship," and the weekend was led by
Mudhouse, an acoustic duo.

Aside from worshiping together, rekindling old friendships and spending hours in the beautiful mountain scenery, the kids also get to help out around the camp, though there are always more kids than there are jobs.

This year, a few of us took a hike up to "shock rock." The power lines run so low that if a person sticks his or her hand in the air, s/he can shock someone else. In other words, the perfect game to play with a bunch of teenagers on a cliff.

All in all, it was a wonderful weekend. I can't wait for next year!

6 comments:
We might say it was also "Into the Woods," but that's another story! :-)
The scenery looks absolutely gorgeous. And, yes, I can imagine teenagers thinking that "shock rock" would be the best thing of the camp.
I think "shock rock" is awesome. I guess I'm just a teenager at heart. Those pictures are beautiful!
That Shock Rock thing scares me. What age is it that the human brain is developed enough to understand risk and consequences? Oh, yeah, it's around age 20. Except for Anna, apparently. And Todd...
Lemme get this straight: You take these kids out in the woods, put them to work cleaning up your camp, and then have them hang out under power lines? Does anyone have the number for Child Protection Services?
I left out the part about how a few of them got lost in the woods and caught a ride back to camp with a stranger. And I think one of them may have fallen off the mountain at some point, too.
How beautiful. What a blessing to be a part of too.
I bet everyone just loved it, I know I would have.
Post a Comment