Wednesday, June 17, 2009

The dog mornings of summer

I've been slowly easing into my very first professional summer vacation. I took my third (and final, I hope) standardized test, entertained a good friend from college (I miss you already, Andrea!), and have spent an inordinate amount of time trying to convince myself that I'm not bored already by starting countless little "homemaker" projects. If you're in the market for a decoupaged flower pot or some homemade pickles, let me know.

Still, with all the craziness, the best part of my summer has been the luxury of spending a few extra minutes every morning with a warm doggie snuggled next to me. When we first saw Barley in the shelter, he was snuggled next to his sister, letting her sleep directly on top of him:

He's taken to sleeping the same way with me, his head tucked under mine and that same puppy smile on his furry face.

2 comments:

carolmom said...

Isn't it wonderful? How comfortable everything is. True?

Rebecca said...

Are you going to have fresh baked bread and canned pickles for us when we get there?