We ate some yummy fair food, but even crab cakes aren't cheese curds:
We saw all sorts of animals, but we didn't really get to pet any of them (look at the way they were facing):
And the exhibit on Maryland farms (and there is a surprising abundance of farming in Maryland), while obviously a lot of fun, was just an unairconditioned trailer on the back end of the fair. There were no kids climbing on tractors. No one was looking for their family's name on a "Century Farms" list. No one was learning about what their state actually does, nor where the literal fruits of its labor actually goes.
In short, no one was embracing their inner agrarian...their inner Minnesotan.
4 comments:
"...nor where the literal fruits of its labor actually goes."
I'm only 80% certain, so please throw it back in my face if I'm wrong, but should that read "go?" The fruits is plural, yo.
When you're right, you're right. The fruits are going, not the labor. And just for you, Austin, I won't change the original post.
. . .I thought you were merely using artistic license. Ah, well. It is hard to compare the MN state fair with anything else. It is unbelievable. Dad, of course, will go two or three times this year (as usual).
Most county fairs in Minnesota are a much better experience than the Wyoming State Fair. The Nebraska State Fair beats Wyoming's by a long shot, but it certainly doesn't come up to the Minnesota State Fair in my eyes.
Once I was in line at Ted Drewes Frozen Custard in St. Louis and the people in front of me were arguing about which was better, the Minnesota State Fair or the Iowa State Fair. I laughed and they turned around and asked if I had an opinion. I said I'd never been to the Iowa State Fair in person (I'm sure it's changed since Rodgers and Hammerstien's version) but I couldn't believe any fair could be better than Minnesota's. It cheered up the Minnesotan and made the Iowan mad.
Post a Comment