The first half of this final highlight post really should be called a lowlight. Matt and I waited in line for at least 45 minutes to watch the pirate show outside Treasure Island. We were expecting a family-friendly display of madcap swashbucklers, but we were horribly disappointed when we saw an entirely different kind of booty:
Even the male pirates were ridiculous (and terrible dancers, I might add):
On the plus side, the only gambling I did in Vegas was while we were waiting for the show to begin. Note how a $1 chip...
Unlike the horribly disappointing show at Treasure Island, the one at The Mirage was wonderfully entertaining. Matt took a wonderful video of it on our last night in Vegas. Sadly, it's too large and won't load properly here. I much prefer the one I took at the end of our long walk home anyway:
It really captures our Vegas experience. Feel the heat! Yeah!
5 comments:
I think the pirate was extremely captivating. Quit drinking that Haterade.
Ha! One doesn't have to imagine why you liked the first set of "pirates." And, of course, your twin made an appearance in the second.
I wonder if Gilbert and Sullivan might have had such a show in mind. You never know!
And that show was marketed as something worthwhile? Wow. You can get that show at Tropics on Saturday night in Minneapolis without the wait or the flight to Las Vegas.
Wait, is Tropics even open anymore? I'm old.
Wow, I had no idea the treasure island show was so slutty. Glad I missed that one. I agree the water show at the Mirage was great. Wait a minute, I thought it was the Bellagio that had the great water show. Or do they both?
Post a Comment