Monday, September 14, 2009

Master builder

The newest, most beautiful piece of furniture in my high school is the gorgeous podium my talented husband made for me. Who would have thought that this:

would lead to this:

and finally this?

Honestly, I don't really need a podium in my room. Rarely do I lecture my kids. And if I need to lecture, I walk around, up and down the rows. But my dad always had a podium in his room. He filled it with pictures of our family, and it became one of the (many) trademarks of his classroom. It's nice to have that spirit in my classroom, too.

And, talented as Matt is, he did have a little help from his apprentice, shown here, working hard in our laundry room/workroom:

6 comments:

carolmom said...

Isn't it wonderful that Matt is so willing to support you like that? What a talented young man! You are both lucky to have each other. :)

Dad said...

It makes me feel good to know the "podium" tradition continues.

Dad

Anti-Supermom said...

I think this is one of the most beautiful gestures, thank you so sharing.

Cara Berg said...

Now you just have to start gathering years and years of pictures!! :)

Rebecca said...

I was going to ask if you USE it, but then you said that you just walk around and around and around and around.

Matt has some skillz. You married a good one.

Rachel said...

I do tend to walk around a lot. I like to get in the kids' faces. :)

But they used it just yesterday when they gave presentations, and I use it while I take attendance and get myself organized for each class. It's already fitting in well with the rest of my room.