Saturday, February 20, 2010

Valentine's goodies

I've never been huge fans of Valentine's Day. I always thought of it as a holiday fabricated by Hallmark to bridge the commercial gap between Christmas and Easter. But this year, I caught a bit of the Valentine's bug. Thank goodness for crafts and cooking to give me a healthy outlet.

I made Matt a cookie bouquet, complete with a few real flowers for good measure.

Matt and I also tag-teamed on Valentine's Day dinner. We love cooking meals together, so this Hallmark holiday gave us a great excuse to spend some quality time in the kitchen. Matt made some delicious salmon, and I tried my hand at chocolate-covered strawberries.

Hallmark should invent a few more holidays.

2 comments:

carolmom said...

First off, :) it's nice to have you blogging again. I really missed you for those days! What a wonderfully comfortable Valentine's Day. It sounds like you enjoyed the day and each other's company. Sweet.

Cara Berg said...

That sounds like a nice simple V-day! I think the bug spread a bit this year! :)