Thursday, February 11, 2010

"We got cabin fever..."

After what seems like days stuck in the house, I've run out of things to clean, I feel like I've read everything (though it's only been two or three books), and I've had this earwig of a song running through my head:



It's no wonder that we can't go anywhere. Our region just isn't equipped to remove this kind of snow (of course, as I say this, Matt is out driving to "test the roads"). These are some images from the most recent blizzard, which added a foot or so to the snow piles that were already on the ground:


Perhaps because we're eternal optimists (or, perhaps because, like all native Minnesotans, we're more than a little masochistic), Matt and I are still taking time to enjoy the winter wonderland.

We could grumble about how much taxpayer money is being lost while the federal government is in a state of emergency (not taking into account the energy being saved and the telecommuters who are still working...but I digress), but we're perfectly content to make the most of these days off. We also know that fewer Marylanders on the road is never a bad thing.

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

Looks like you guys are enjoying things. I want to make a snow angel in that pure snow!

Mike R said...

I am so jealous of all that snow. I would so be that guy driving around looking at all the dumb people that get stuck.

carolmom said...

I love the picture with the paw prints going to the top of the snowbird. Were those Barley's prints? I can't imagine that those cars will be out until spring comes! Hmmm. No snow emergency routes, eh?