Sunday, September 5, 2010

The First Week: An adventure in clothing

Even after being absent for months, it's amazing how quickly I fell into an old routine.  After just one week, my hyperorganization devolved into shockingly June-like behavior:

Sunday night: Agonize about what to wear.  Show Matt three different choices.  "Which one makes me look the most serious?"  Place most intimidating-looking outfit neatly in bathroom for ease of dressing tomorrow, including shoes and undergarments.

Monday night: Ask obligatory "What am I going to wear tomorrow?" question.  Quickly choose one of yesterday's rejected outfits.  Place all clothing choices in bathroom.

Tuesday night: Choose last of Sunday night's rejected outfits.  Move it to open space of the closet.

Wednesday night: Tomorrow is Back-to-School night.  Choose standard "Parents will think I'm a real professional" outfit.  Move to open space of the closet.

Thursday night: Home from Back-to-School night close to 10:00.  Exhausted from impressing parents, entertaining children, preparing lessons and grading papers.  Couldn't care less how professional or intimidating I look.

Friday morning: Wake Matt up by searching frantically for any work-appropriate--and clean--ensemble.  End up wearing a shirt with a pink stain on the front.  Pretend I didn't notice stain until I got in the car and wear stained shirt anyway.  Vow to return to my organized ways next week and chuckle at the hopelessness of that promise.

3 comments:

carolmom said...

The more things change. . . . :) Yes, "What am I going to wear?"

Dad said...

Do you have any idea how often I heard thos words?

Rebecca said...

Ha ha ha. I think that was my first week back at work, too! I don't even put in my contacts anymore...