Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Tagged

Even though this is kind of like a blogosphere email forward, I can't turn down anything from Rebecca. She was kind enough to tag me, and I do love to talk about myself. With that said...

1. I love kids. I'm not a big fan of infants, but they're great once they're old enough to carry on a conversation. And once they get old enough to carry on an intellectual conversation, I can't get enough.

2. I work in PR, but I hate it. Ok, hate is a strong word. I seriously dislike the communications profession. I don't like talking to the media, and I can't handle people asking me to edit something, then complaining when I change it.

3. Since 1 + 2 = 3, it makes sense that I leave the communications profession and work with kids. I started working toward my teaching certification this fall, and I spend all my free time writing lesson plans and thinking about "reading and writing strategies in the content areas." Keep your fingers crossed that I'll be in a classroom by this time next year.

4. I know Rebecca through work. We both worked with Anna back when it was still cool to work at the Attorney General's office.

5. Aside from my family and all the lakes, the thing I miss most about living in Minnesota is Caribou Coffee. I drink it at least 2-3 times each day when I'm home.

6. I'm not a big fan of Halloween, because it infringes on my birthday. But I love, love, love Christmas. In fact, I'm debating whether or not it's too soon to start listening to Christmas music at work. My parents' house is featured on the Christmas lights tours each year, and my dad was a finalist for a reality show about "exterior holiday illumination."

7. I'm nuts about history and culture. My idea of the perfect weekend is exploring a battlefield or getting lost in a museum.

Anna (I don't care if Rebecca just tagged you)
Julia
Abbi
Kimmy
Missy
Maria
Kristine (specifically, her awesome weight loss journey!)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Because you were mean enough to NOT tag me, I thought I would instead offer my unsolicited comments about your answers:

1. We are so opposite. I love little babies, but once they turn about 6, I'm done. They get cool around 19 or 20 again though.

2. I would think you would LUV editing things. However I feel like PR is just a nice "PR-esque" word for "liars." In fact, I think I watched a documentary on the fact that whoever invented the phrase "public relations" was really trying to find an alternative to "propaganda," because that word got a bad rap from the Nazi's.

3. You will make a great teacher.

4. Newsflash: it was NEVER cool to work at the Attorney General's office.

5. There are Caribou Coffees all over B-more. What is wrong with you?

6. I'm shocked that you would be a fan of such a non-green holiday. Halloween pummels Christmas in creativity, without having that smarmy, "better than thou" attitude Christmas struts around with.

7. Best channel of all-time: History Channel. Close call over Nickelodeon. That Mark Summers was one entertaining son-of-a-bitch.

kristine said...

I also heart Caribou!!!
When I was younger I felt the same way about Christmas as you do about Halloween. My bday is 5 days before xmas and I hated it so much. now I think it is a lot of fun to have such a fun, pretty, special holiday around my bday.

Rebecca said...

Hey, Kristine - we share birthdays!!!

Rachel said...

Austin, you have a blog?

By the way, there aren't 5 Caribous within 5 minutes of my home, work and everywhere else I go. What's wrong with YOU that a Caribou 20 minutes away is close enough?

Rachel said...

It's the December 20th birthday club! Whoop!

Marketing Mama said...

That's so interesting to me that you don't like your job... good idea to try something new!

I am honored you tagged me.... I honestly don't know when I'll get to it> I really suck at Memes. :)