"In Columbus, college students pitched tents overnight so they could be first to vote. Advocates in Cleveland shuttled voters from homeless shelters to the polls. In Akron, voters arrived as soon as the doors were unlocked and waited in folding chairs for their turn."Voting groupies! These are my kind of people. I get an adrenaline rush every time I cast my ballot, even in off years or primary races. There's something about the process that just plain does it for me. Then again, I would also be a permanent juror if Anne Arundel County would let me.
Mmm...the democratic process.
Aahhh...the judicial system.
3 comments:
An interesting thing about voting... The elections which most influence our lives are the local elections, and yet those elections are the most lightly attended. People are just so uninformed about everything relating to government. Sad.
And do you remember your eighteenth birthday? You got to vote on the day you were 18. 4 November 1997 (if I'm not mistaken).
I was in Ohio on election day for the last presidential election. It was amazing. People were talking about it everywhere and were waiting in line for hours. It was fun to be a part of, even though I didn't vote there.
Post a Comment