Sunday, October 5, 2008

Weekend adventure

Last night, Matt and I went looking for a hole-in-the-wall seafood restaurant that one of his coworkers told him about, and we wound up turned around in the twisty back roads of Maryland. One of times we had to backtrack, we turned around at a horse farm, and I made Matt pull over at the end of the driveway to take a picture of this sign:

As if that sign alone wasn't grounds for a great evening (though, yes, it should caution drivers to go "slowly"), we saw a sign just past it for a local dog agility team:

Right under that was a sign for "Kinderpup," Barley's obedience school. We knew our crazy dog trainer lived out in the country, but what are the odds that we'd pick her driveway to turn around in? So crazy.

We finally made it to the restaurant after a few more twists and turns, and it was completely worth the time and effort. These are the remnants of our feast:

Mmm...I can still taste the Old Bay.

Most of our best memories together haven't been made while spending a lot of money, but rather in our everyday, ordinary adventures together. I'll remember stumbling on our crazy dog trainer's house and stuffing ourselves with seafood more fondly than I'll remember some of our priciest vacations.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is so wonderful that you have learned this lesson so early and so well. It is those "beautiful ordinary" things that really matter.

Rebecca said...

Oh, that looks so yummy.

Rebecca said...

Hey, I just tagged you. Visit my blog for more info.