I love the shopping; I love the TV specials; I love giving presents. I even loved the Secret Santa exchange I did at school yesterday with people I've known for six days. I love, love, love Christmas.
I think a love of Christmas is in my blood. Every year, my dad decorates my parents' entire house and yard with an explosion of Christmas lights. I grew up with red and green flood lights shining in my bedroom window and limos and tour buses driving slowly down our street. My dad was even featured in an article in the local paper a couple years ago. Here he is in just part of this year's crowning glory:

We don't have nearly as much yard or house as my parents do, but we still do our best to have a miniature Christmas explosion on the front of our house:
And we decorate inside the house, too. From the tree...
There is very little in our house that isn't decorated for Christmas.
Still, as much as I love Christmas and love to immerse myself in this season of love, hope and peace, I do have a grasp on how much is too much. I have to give a big shout-out to Austin for sending me this video, and, in the process, for reminding me that while I may be a huge fan of the Christmas season, I'm not a crazy lady. Not yet, anyway.
Merry Christmas!
5 comments:
And a very merry Christmas to you both! It will be so nice to have Christmas in your own home. I am surprised that the tree is still in one piece with you-know-who running around. I guess it isn't quite as soft as a duckie! (I didn't mean Matt!)
I also meant to add that your house looks beautiful. It's in the true Christmas spirit.
Will you come decorate my house sometime? Bel says that we are too boring and don't put up enough lights.
I Have the same towels and soap dispenser for the bathroom!! :D Gotta love Christmas at Target!
OH...and P.S. I did not notice photo credit for dad's lights...eh-hem... :) And I love that you can see Barley sitting in the door with the picture of the outside! :) Silly puppy!
Post a Comment