I always thought I was a good driver--a bit aggressive, yes, but good. But while driving home late on the highway one night last week, I may have caused a little traffic problem.
A few lanes of the highway were closed due to construction, so I became a little confused about where the lane ended and the shoulder began. I pulled into what I thought was the far left lane, only to realize quickly that I was careening down the shoulder. I pulled back into the correct lane right away. Okay, fine, I passed the car that was irritating me, and then I pulled back into the correct lane.
For several more miles, I watched in my rear-view mirror and saw car after car pull into the shoulder...and not go back. The shoulder ended rather abruptly after a while with some construction equipment and a concrete wall. I found myself vacillating between yelling at the other cars ("It's not a lane! I'm sorry!") to reminding myself that covering my eyes so as not to see an accident would just create another series of problems.
No comments:
Post a Comment