Monday, May 10, 2010

Pearls of Teenage Wisdom

Today in Speech class, my students were giving impromptu speeches. In other words, they were making speeches up off the tops of their heads. One of the topics we did today was "If I had just $1, I would buy..." Most of them headed to McDonald's or Taco Bell for their respective dollar menus, but one boy still has me concerned. This was the gist of his entire speech:

"Well, if I had just $1, I'd probably play it safe and head to Rite Aid for two bottles of hydrogen peroxide."

That was it.

So I asked (all the while not really wanting to know), "Um, why is that 'playing it safe'?"

He looked at me like I was an idiot.

"Only because hydrogen peroxide is the most useful chemical on Earth."

We left it at that.

4 comments:

Anna said...

Yikes.

Maria said...

I think he undermines the use of baking soda. LOL!

carolmom said...

Maybe you should Google "Uses of Hydrogen Peroxide" and see if you can figure out WHY.

Rebecca said...

Seriously - what did he mean?