Friday, May 14, 2010

Pearls of Teenage Wisdom

Honestly, I should just rename this blog Pearls of Teenage Wisdom. Anyway...

I LOVE to incorporate Barley in my daily lessons (shocking, I know). One rather obnoxious student pointed this out to me yesterday.

"I swear, I've never met anyone who likes their dog this much. I mean, I like my dog, but she ran away for, like, 8 hours last night, and I didn't really care. She came back this morning, and she was fine, so who cares?"

After a few more minutes of his ill-timed outbursts, another student turned around and said what I couldn't: "Well, no wonder your frickin' dog ran away! You never stop talking, and she couldn't take it anymore!"

3 comments:

Maria said...

LOL! The response was awesome! Don't we all wish we could say that at one point or another. Sometimes I want to respond like that so badly, my tongue starts to bleed from biting it.

Cara Berg said...

:) Fantastic!!! P.S. You shouldn't rename it, otherwise you wouldn't have anything to write about in the summer!!

Rebecca said...

Man, you have funny students. I love their attitudes... well, most of the time.