I've also tried to keep myself busy with projects around the house. Hence, the great pickling experiment of aught nine. The staff at the local craft store also knows me by name now. I've been decoupaging, flower arranging and painting to my heart's content. These pots are one of my favorite creations:
I would say that any of these things could be recreated for the right price, but school is right around the corner, and my idle hands will have plenty of other things to do.
4 comments:
Isn't it amazing how incredibly fast the summer goes? And the indelible fact is that, no matter how much you plan, something will happen once school starts to alter "all great plans." (Think "snow days.") Anyway, I do like your pots. They certainly look more inviting than my gray and green plastic ones sitting on the front step!
Haven't you realized how you need that summer to revitalize? I needed it more as I went on, of course, but you are so much more ready to deal with the kids come September (or August in your case). Looking forward to hearing how everything works!
I, myself, never seemed to have a problem with doing as little as possible during the summer. The beginning of the school year is always exciting, I envy you that.
Have a great end of summer, it will go fast.
Dad
Is that some sort of grammar sign or banner in the back of your car? What does the entire thing look like?
Those are my "vocabulary" and "grammar" signs. They have magnets on the back, so I can put them on the blackboard and write each week's vocabulary words and grammar lesson under each of them. But I have whiteboards in my room this year (and far fewer of them at that), so I'm going to have to figure something else out.
Post a Comment